Advanced Levels or A-Levels are internationally recognised qualifications for students aged 16 or older. They provide the perfect preparation and a solid foundation for further study at top universities in Nigeria, the United Kingdom, the United States or Canada.
Students at Chadsworth Sixth Form College can choose three A Levels from the following options (subject to demand):
- Mathematics – the study of mathematics and mathematical processes, helping students to develop the ability to reason logically and construct mathematical proofs. To understand coherence and progression in mathematics and how different areas of mathematics can be connected.
- Further Mathematics: Further Mathematics is designed to reward students for demonstrating the ability to provide responses that draw together different areas of their knowledge, skills and understanding from across the full course of study for the AS Further Mathematics qualification and also from across the AS Mathematics qualification. Problem solving, proof and mathematical modelling will be assessed in further mathematics in the context of the wider knowledge which students taking A Level Further Mathematics will have studied (to be taken in conjunction with Mathematics).
- Economics - providing students the awareness of trends in the global economy, researching developed and developing economies, including a focus on contemporary issues.
- Business – covers the interrelated nature of business using models, theories and techniques to support analysis of contemporary topics such as technology, ethics and globalisation.
- English Language - introduces advanced language study and develops a student's ability to write for a variety of audiences and purposes. Students discover linguistic frameworks and how these can be used to analyse and interpret language.
- English Literature – the study of British and international authors from the past and present to discover and appreciate their works, poetry and prose.